Can I use a karaoke microphone on my computer is one of many questions about the karaoke world! If you are looking for this, then this article is for you! Just read!
Can I Use A Karaoke Microphone On My Computer?
The answer is yes. But to connect the karaoke mic to your computer, you need to determine whether your microphone is wired or wireless.
We will proceed to connect to the computer according to the characteristics of each different type. Finally, after a successful connection, we only need to interact with the computer to be able to start karaoke.
However, saying and doing are two quite different things. To connect karaoke microphones properly and easily, we need to consider many things. Things to consider include style, features, and how it interacts when used on a computer.
Don’t worry, all you need is right here in the content below.
Let’s start exploring!
How To Connect A Wired Karaoke Microphone To Your Computer
Before we can use the karaoke microphone on the computer, we need to activate and connect it first. In this section, we will find out what important actions and notes are involved in connecting a wired mic!
First, connecting a wired mic is quite easy when you just need to attach the mic head to the connection position on the computer. However, the computer does not always have a connection location available to you. Or even, this position is not suitable for the mic head.
For computers that do not support a connection location or this location is not the right size, we will have to find an alternative suitable connector to connect the device to the computer together.
Useful information for you is that most CPU cases of computers or laptops use a connector with a fixed size: 3.5 mm MINI-JACK. Let’s just use this standard to find the appropriate device connector.
Once you have the built-in connector, you just plug the mic head into the connector. Next, ban the first microphone and the support position on the computer.
You just need to check if the sound on the mic is activated or wait for a certain signal to appear to determine that the karaoke mic is completely connected to the server.
How To Connect A Wireless Karaoke Microphone To Your Computer?
In the current karaoke world, people prefer the karaoke mic because of its many benefits.
Surely many people will have the habit of moving to express their feelings when singing or interacting with their beloved audience. Or you can also freely show some dance moves when singing a certain dance song, it’s fun, isn’t it?
Therefore, the use of karaoke mics has become the preferred choice over wired mics. However, to connect this type of mic to a computer or other karaoke equipment, you must also ensure a few small notes for the following usage characteristics:
First of all, the manufacturer only supports the connection radius of the wireless mic device in the range of 8 to 9 meters. If it is more, the connection signal may be interfered with by the sound waves or not be able to catch the signal at all.
Second, a wireless mic can only achieve the best sound quality when you keep the position from mouth to mic head about 4-5 cm. Therefore, when singing, you should pay attention to the sound coming out as good and gentle as possible.
One more thing is that wireless mics are usually battery-operated. And once it runs out of energy, you only have two ways to recharge it.
- First, you need to use the dedicated charging device provided separately when charging the wireless karaoke mic.
- Second, you are ready to replace the new battery for the mic after each use.
How To Connect A Wireless Karaoke Microphone
Thus, after knowing the characteristics of the wireless karaoke mic, you can now proceed to connect the mic to the computer by following the steps below:
- Make sure the mic’s battery is full or fully charged before connecting.
- Press the switch to open the connection on the mic, and at the same time turn on the machine and the attached control device
- Go to the computer system to find the item to set up the connection with the wireless mic
- Observe that the command button on the wireless mic body lights up or the connection sound rings, the connection is successful.
Interacting With The Computer
After connecting your mic is complete, the next thing to finish setting up karaoke and proceed to sing is to interact with the computer. Specifically, the steps are as follows:
- Interaction here means that you will enter the system, find the microphone entry and turn it on
- Next, we will adjust the volume accordingly
- Start the mic device in sing-ready mode
- Open the online karaoke platform program and find your favorite song
- Let’s start singing
Cause The Karaoke Microphone Connection Failed
Whether using a wired or wireless microphone, there will be some cases where the connection fails the first time.
You must ensure the following conditions are met to make sure this does not happen. Specifically, the cause of your connection failure is as follows:
- Firstly, your device has been unused for a long time and it is in sleep mode.: You have to wait for them to “wake up” again by waiting for a while. In the meantime, keep tapping the mic head or reaching out to adjust the mic tail to make sure they’re not missing or lose a support device.
- Second, it may be because you move too far from the specified range: If you are too far from the computer, there is a chance that the signal is not clear or your mic does not pick up the signal. At that time, maybe the mic body will flash a color of the signal light to let us know that the connection signal is noisy. In this case, you should get closer to the computer to get things back to normal.
Thus, “can I use a karaoke microphone on my computer” is completely possible. Hope this article will help you set up a karaoke microphone on your computer both effectively and save time.
Thank you for your interest in the article, wishing you have a good time singing karaoke!